Is it a bee or a fly? New article...

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

Is it a bee or a fly? New article...

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all :D

With the recent discussions in the photomacrography gallery over "Is this a bee or a fly?" I put together a short article, with illustrations, comparing fly anatomy and bee anatomy. These are just general characteristic guidelines; there are always exceptions. However, if you read the article you should be able to tell 99% of the time whether or not you have photographed a fly or bee. :D

To Be a Bee or To Be a Bee Fly? Differentiating Bees from Flies.

Now, no laughing at the illustrations. I'm not the best computer graphics person in the world :!: :D :D :D :!:

Also, in the next couple of days look forward to an article by Tom Burger explaining how he makes simple cardboard adapters to connect 2 lenses for photomacrography. The editor needs to get his butt in gear :!: :D

Enjoy, my friends :!: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

Good article Tom, and the images are nice and simple and very clear. Good job man.

All the best,

Tom
Sometimes smaller is better!
*nodge nodge :D*

Comments and advice always welcome
My little website

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

I just ask them, its easier that way :D . Generally the head area is a give away and then under the wings. A few there I didn't know about so thats great Tom. Very cleverly done Tom.

Danny.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Nice article and the illustrations are pretty good IMO. Thanks Tom.

Looking forward to the other Tom's article. I want illustrations too for that one, I have to see the step by step process :oops:
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome