Aussie Bugs on North American TV!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

MikeBinOKlahoma

Aussie Bugs on North American TV!

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

On Wednesday night the Animal Planet channel will have a show called "Buggin With Ruud" that appears to be about stinging and biting insects in Australia. Seems to come on every week Wednesday night for the next few weeks, and apparently is always about insects in australia (and maybe nearby, not sure). I haven't seen it, so don't know how good it is.

If you live outside North America, you may be able to see this, assuming you get Animal Planet via satellite or digital cable or something. Worth a check if the subject interests you! I believe in Australia they have some really "interesting" poisonous spiders...I hope Sue sees this one!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Sounds interesting Mike. Always like to see the weird and strange insects from next door in Aussie M8t. Thanks Mike. :D

Danny.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

This show was good, but not incredible. They had a lot of VERY interesting insect subjects, and some good footage of them. They showed the expected funnel spiders and scorpions, but had some other nifty critters I'd not heard of, including some great ant shots, an interesting walking stick, and another spider that was new to me. Downsides were that they moved on to quickly from bug to bug, and seemed to assume the insects would bore us if Ruud didn't show us what a witty guy he was....

I still recommend the rest of the series (I gather it will be on every Wednesday night for the next month or so). And if you missed this episode, I think they'll rebroadcast it this weekend. Worth seeing!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Hmm, interesting Mike. If I ever get a chance, I'll grab it if I can. The Aussies do have some strange insects and reptiles. I would love to see some of their lizards M8t.

Going off topic here, if you can get a copy of "Chronos" its remarkable. Not macro and not all nature, but its so well done with time lapse Mike. A beautiful way to see the world IMHO.

Danny.