:: View topic - Paramecium bursaria, darkfield
 Forum Index
An online community devoted to the practices of photomacrography and amateur microscopy..

New! Photomacrography2.net

This site is no longer available for posting or registering new members.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Paramecium bursaria, darkfield

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Paramecium bursaria, darkfield Reply with quote

Darkfield illumination often gives a nice sense of "reality" to some subjects. I've posted a few paramecium bursaria shots before, but I think these darkfield ones give a good feeling for the texture of the pellicle and the "fuzziness" due to the cilia. The top one is a little closer to the objective so the focus is more "inside" the paramecium. On the lower one the focus is on the surface.

Wim van Egmond

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Charlie, That is beautiful and cute at the same time! Is it with a 40X obj.?

I am a bit silent because I am working very hard! I am also preparing a trip to Bejing so I will be a bit silent. I did make several new images, mainly desmids, I found some rare ones. If I've scanned them I'll post some.

Wim
Charles Krebs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wim... I'm pretty sure I used the 20X for this shot. I did crop a bit of empty background out.

Sounds like you have some interesting travel planned. Have fun!
lacerta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys always remind me of fuzzy slippers. Your image really brings that out. Great image Charlie.
George
Ken Ramos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the one on the bottom. It really shows the surface textures of the cell but then again both look exceptionally well, as usual. Good work Charlie. Very Happy
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Photography Through the Microscope Gallery All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: