mc100 camera system

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

gregor

mc100 camera system

Post by gregor »

hi! can anyone help me? i have aquired a zeiss mc100 camera system, and i am looking for a decent microscope that is compatible[ not a zeiss axio series one, way to expensive!] if anyone has any recomendations, they would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well Gregor, you have came to the right spot. :D A lot of folks here use different scopes. You said the Axio series was too expensive, hm...I use an Axiostar with Sony DSC cameras. The Axiostar really isn't as expensive as any other good quality microscope, as far as I know. National maybe one to look into but I really recommend Meiji, Nikon, Olympus, Lica, or Zeiss. All are top dollar but they are top performers. You may try National but I am not sure they have one with a photo tube. I used a National for quite some time and they are also good scopes but infinity optics (ICS) have me spoiled now. Maybe some of the other members here on the Forums can suggest something. We all do not use the same equipment and I have yet to see a bad photograph come from any of us. :D

Now that I think of it, one of our members does use a National and the photographs he produces with it are quite excellent. But I believe it too is a high end model. However National does make some that are less costly and work fine for general microscopy. :D

However, don't let my comments deter you from getting into microphotography or microscopy. I started out with much less and have enjoyed the trip to where I am now every step of the way. This is a good pastime and there is much to be learned from this activity. So, go with what you can reasonably afford and join in with us. The members here are very helpful and more than willing to give you pointers and suggestions to help you along the way. Maybe some of our other members can steer you in a better direction for the scope to fit your needs and pocket book much better than I. We have a top notch group here with a lot of talent and expertise! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Interesting Ken. I can assure you when its time for me to upgrade my microscopes, I will be lending on your ear :D . From what I've seen from your images and others here, the quality is top notch, so thanks for the info. :D

I guess gregor, you should actually go for the most you can afford along those lines. Just like choosing a camera in that case.

Danny.