The Future of Science

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

The Future of Science

Post by Ken Ramos »

These fine young men are but four of Boy Scout Troop 138. It has been my pleasure to help these youngsters earn their Environmental Science Merit Badge. I spent the day with them at South Mountains State Park, where we studied the stream environment of Jacobs Fork. We looked for macroinvertabrates and discussed the role of macroinvertabrates in the stream environment as an indicator species. :D

Left to Right: Kent Dyer, Krys Heiliger, Jason Heiliger, and A.J. Parks

These four young men met the challange with a great deal of enthusiasm and with a young mans heart for exploration and discovery. Armed with the Stemi DV4, nets, pans, and magnifiers they studied the life within Jacobs Fork. Watching and working with these boys makes one feel just a bit sad though. As I watched them, my mind went back in time to much simpler days and happier times. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Hey neat Ken :D . It would be great to start a forum for the younger ones here. So if you ever get any ideas on it, let us know. I'm all for it. They are the future eyes for all of us.

All the best Ken, good on you. :D :lol:

Danny.
Last edited by nzmacro on Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Danny :D These four guys here have been really great to work with. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

It is funny--Back when I was the appropriate age, I remember Boy Scouts as looking much older than this! :-)
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yeah me too Mike :) . They have so many divisions now in the scouts. These guys here are soon to transition to Cubs, at the moment they are Webelos, I believe. Their scout leader said something about them soon to becoming Cubs :)

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community ... 215393&ck=
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Ah, I was a cub scout and a Webelos (what a name). For reasons that now baffle me, I chose not to go onto Boy Scouts. Probably would have benefitted me if I had done it.

Funny how age affects your perceptions

I saw the move "The Poisiedon Adventure" at about Webelos age in the theater, then saw it again a couple of years ago for the first time since then. Gene Hackman looked surprisingly youthful (younger than I am now), and played the part of a rebellious and anti-establishment young priest very well, including the tragic scene where he sacrificed himself so everyone else could escape.

I figure this must be a different version than I saw when I was about 12 or 13, since the priest there was some old guy, and I recall thinking that he probably didn't mind sacrificing himself because he was going to die soon anyway! :D Couldn't possibly be the same actor.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)