A hard decision...

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

A hard decision...

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all :!:

I've had to make a hard decision...Due to unforeseen health and financial issues, plus the fact that we (our family) have to move from our home on short notice, I find it necessary to give up my microscope and give up amateur microscopy for a while. This was a very hard decision for me. I love my microscope and I love amateur microscopy but my health, our finances, and the welfare of my family must come first. I look at this as only a temporary setback. I will return to microscopy when finances permit!

I'll still be here as an administrator and I will participate in the photomacrography galleries/forums as time, finances, and health permit. Ours is too great of a community to not participate in in some sort of manner!...And, "No, Charley! I ain't gettin' rid of the D30!" :!: :D

Best regards to all as always, my friends. :D
Last edited by twebster on Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Aw shucks Tom I was ready to make a bid :shock: :? :lol: Sorry to hear of your circumstances Tom but health and family must come first, I understand. I wish you all the best of course and will look forward to your posts in the Macro Forums among your other duties. Hopefully things will improve in the very near future. All the best my friend and just let me know if there is anything I can help you with here on the forums. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Tom, sorry to hear of your problems - all the best from here in the UK and looking forward to you getting back on top of life.
Graham

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Aww..Tom, I sure hope all works out for the best in the near future for you. It is understandable that family and health must come first, for without that, you have nothing. Best wishes and look forward to your post in the MACRO.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Tom, sorry to hear that hard times have hit. I know you will be able to survive them and get on to happier days ahead. Glad you're keeping the SLR and can keep on producing those macro shots! Having a hobby you love helps A LOT.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

gslaten

Post by gslaten »

Tom....I am so sorry to hear you are facing these challenges, but I know that you must do what must be done. Health and family always come first, and as others have said, without those you have nothing.

Best of luck, and I look forward to your continuing submissions to the Photomagraphy forum.

Best regards,

Gary

Lee Daniels

Post by Lee Daniels »

Tom,
I am so sorry. As I wrote privately to you when my vision suddenly went south due to ongoing neuro problems, you and Danny and I could become the lame, the halt and the blind (me) and set an example for everyone else. I have faith that you will return stronger than before. Maybe you and I can form a group and get a neurology discount? Trade prints for services? I took my print portfolio to the neuro--opthamologist on Tuesday and before he rendered me functionally blind for a day and a half, it did galvanize the entire office into not only paying complete attention, but trying to come up with immediate solutions, not to mention asking how many $$ for prints... barter is a great and ancient tradition. Don't want you to lose anything...
You know my prayers are with you and if you need a place to rest your heads in Tucson for however long, my home is open to you.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all :D

Thank you all for your support. This is truly a great community. :D

Lee, I've been praying daily for your eyesight to return. Thank you so much for your kind offer.

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

LOL Lee, at least your sense of humour is still on the top rung :D :wink: . Just hoping this all comes out right in the end Lee. You have always been a very special shooter in my mind M8tess :D

Well you know how I feel Tom. Just try and not to worry M8t. Next year is going to be a good one. :wink:

All the best you two and I'm thinking of you all the time my friends.

Danny.

paul

Post by paul »

Hi Tom,

my thoughts are with you. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope things will look up for you soon.

Your generosity in giving your time, advice, technical expertise, and cheerful comment (and I am sure much more, just don't find the words) on this forum is greatly appreciated.

My very best wishes,
Paul
paul h

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Just found this posting Tom :( I’m very sorry to hear from your problems. The year 2002 was similar for me, therefore I know that the next one will be better (see Danny’s post above). :)

You are in my prayers Tom, you and your family. Life is like a sinus curve, you'll see better times are right on your doorstep!

All the best my friend!
Sven
Last edited by Sven Bernert on Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel

Merv

Post by Merv »

Very sorry to hear it Tom, I know it was a very hard descision for ya' and I can can only say that you'll be included my thoughts frequently, wishing all the very best for you and your family!!!!!!

Remember to hold your chin up keep fightin', it's worth it!! :)

Sincerely,

Merv

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Thanks again, everyone :!: :D

You all are a very special bunch of people :!: :D

Best regards as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator