Orchid Seeds

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

gslaten

Orchid Seeds

Post by gslaten »

Hi,

A few posts back it was suggested that it might be interesting to see some photos from prepared slides. In that spirit I took a look at some anonymous Victorian slides I had, and found this one titled ORCHID SEEDS, VENEZUELA. I know nothing about the subject of seeds in general and Orchid seeds in particular so you botonists and Orchid lovers will have to fill in the details.

10X Achromat, brightfield
Electronic Flash
Converted to BW and contrast enhanced a bit
About 50% overall crop

Thanks for taking a look.

Gary

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Interesting image there Gary. Victorian you say? Be interesting to see what other slides you have. :-k A little hot toward the bottom Gary but all in all an interesting image of something we don't see often. When I get the chance I plan to order some more prepared slides, may start a collection. Thanks for posting this Gary, good job!:D

Remember gang, if you don't have a bucket of pond water and mud or a deft hand at the microtome, your prepared slides would be interesting to see. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

gslaten

Post by gslaten »

Hi Ken,

Thanks, and yep, it sure is a bit hot at the bottom. My illumination is not very uniform when using the flash with low power objectives. I will have to work on that.

I will see if there is anything else in the small collection of interest and post something if there is.

Regards,

Gary