Why I Don't Do Wedding Photography, In a Moths Eye!

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Why I Don't Do Wedding Photography, In a Moths Eye!

Post by Ken Ramos »

The header is an inside joke folks! :lol:

Since some are doing eye images, I thought that I would try to at least contribute a little and I do mean a little, for there are some fantastic eye images on this forum. My hat is off to you folks with the macro lenses. This was shot through my Meiji EMZ-13TR Stereomicroscope at its highest mag. You guys with the macro lenses have got me beat by a mile or more! Great work you guys. =D>

Sony DSC-W5
1/3 sec. @ F/2.8 ISO 100 EV +0.7
Meiji EMZ-13TR
Illumination, Micro Lite FV 1000 Fluorescent
Post Process: Photo Impact 6
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Particle_Man

Post by Particle_Man »

Really nice image there Ken!

I still have a long way to go before I can grab that sort of image.

*hunts for 50mm lens* :twisted:

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

That looks like one small moth, Ken! Those eye facets are huge compared to the size of the overall eye.

Did you ever try the stacking software, for example Helicon Focus? In my experience it's much more important than the lens.

Where your image is in sharp focus the image quality looks great, and I'm thinking that if you got this subject under a stereo scope it's probably holding still enough for stacking.

--Rik

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

:lol: Real funny Ken 8-[

Not bad for a beginner LOL

Anyway, all jokes aside, not bad at all. I attempted to stack once, but made a mess out of it. Maybe a macro len is in your near future cause I think you gots the "bug".
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Particle_Man said:
I still have a long way to go before I can grab that sort of image.
I don't know, from what I have seen of your work you have me beat in may ways! Thanks Particle_Man :D

rjlittlefield> Never have downloaded and tried HF or CombinZ software. Maybe I should download HF but then I will get to liking it and have to by it. :lol: Yes, the moth was small about 8mm in length and became annoying, the reason for it being still enough for a shot under the stereomicroscope. :shock: :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sue said:
Maybe a macro len is in your near future cause I think you gots the "bug".
Maybe a dSLR with a good macro lens maybe in my near future Sue. The "boss" gives a real nice Christmas bonus! As for the bug it has bit hard and it itches. But for now my little Fuji S7000 and my stereomic. will have to suffice. Thanks Sue. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Ken... nothing wrong with this.
I agree with Rik.... you really should take a shot at "stacking" with your Meiji scope images. Give the Helicon demo a try!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

:D :wink: Love the title M8t :D . Now thats one sharp eye at this ratio Ken, looks like its peeking back at you.

All the best Ken :D , thanks for the smiles :wink:

Danny.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Danny, I just could not resist the title. :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy