The Dragons Eye!!!!

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Bald Eagle

The Dragons Eye!!!!

Post by Bald Eagle »

I found this one today, he was very cooperative, hope you like. (slight close-up)
Always look at Nature with wide eyes.
Rick Cowen
Canon 5D, Canon 70-300 IS USM.Sigma 150 2.8 Macro, Sigma 170-500. A set of Kenko tubes. Check out my Gallery here!

http://www.pbase.com/1bald_eagle/macro

MacroMike
Site Admin

Post by MacroMike »

More than 41 hours since you posted this and only 17 views with no comments! They don't know what they're missing. Awesome high magnification capture! The DOF and sharpness at this level are outstanding. Not much you could have done about the unavoidable hexagonal reflections I love those eyes.
Michael Keniston
Site Administrator
Tampa, FL
www.aclosereyeview.com
m_keniston@aclosereyeview.com

"The possession of a camera can inspire something akin to lust and like all credible forms of lust, it can not be satisfied."

Susan Sontag, On Photography (1977)

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

MacroMike wrote:More than 41 hours since you posted this and only 17 views with no comments! They don't know what they're missing. Awesome high magnification capture! The DOF and sharpness at this level are outstanding. Not much you could have done about the unavoidable hexagonal reflections I love those eyes.
Thank you Michael, I want to believe they are all scrambling to find Dragonflies at this exact minute. :wink: Seriously though, I truly appreciate your comments on this one. you are right about the reflections, believe or not, The Sun caused 2 of those, I used just a small touch of fill flash. Thanks again.
Rick Cowen
Canon 5D, Canon 70-300 IS USM.Sigma 150 2.8 Macro, Sigma 170-500. A set of Kenko tubes. Check out my Gallery here!

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

That was indeed close to this tolerant guy! Your exposure time must have been pretty long, too, if this is mostly natural light. Good stalk and impressive shot!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Erland

Post by Erland »

Great close up on the eyes.
I think this is an Anax species of some kind.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

MikeBinOKlahoma wrote:That was indeed close to this tolerant guy! Your exposure time must have been pretty long, too, if this is mostly natural light. Good stalk and impressive shot!
Thanks Mike, this one was very patient with me, I was lucky to have a very strong Sun at my back. :D
Rick Cowen

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Erland wrote:Great close up on the eyes.
I think this is an Anax species of some kind.
Thanks Erland, I also appreciate the help on the I.D. as well. :D :D :D
Rick Cowen

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

I get tied up in other areas. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it :D :wink:

This is outstanding Rick. The eyes are wonderfully sharp and you selective focus could not be better. Excellent work and an excellent image. Top macro Rick :wink:

Danny.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

nzmacro wrote:I get tied up in other areas. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it :D :wink:

This is outstanding Rick. The eyes are wonderfully sharp and you selective focus could not be better. Excellent work and an excellent image. Top macro Rick :wink:

Danny.
Thanks very much Danny, I truly appreciate your very kind words on this one. :D :D :D :D
Rick Cowen