Happy Easter

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

gslaten

Happy Easter

Post by gslaten »

Hi,

I was out in the local National Park a vew days ago, and this antelope jack rabbit (jackelope according to Ken) posed for me. It was probably 18" high. Hope you enjoy her portrait (I assume from the lashes) as much as I do.

Canon 5D, 300mm +1.4 EF Extender
1/200 sec
f7.1
ISO 200
Mid morning

Happy Easter to you all.

Gary

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

Wow -- now those are ears!

The picture looked a bit out-of-focus to me, so I pulled the image into Photoshop and tried sharpening it. To my eye, it looks a lot better with heavy sharpening by a small filter. In the size posted (523x640 pixels), I got good results with Unsharp Mask 200% at 0.8 pixels. This brought out quite a bit of interesting detail in the hair and texture of the ears, without introducing unpleasant halos or bringing up the noise too badly.

Give it a shot and see what you think, or let me know and I can post out what I got.

A very pleasant picture, by the way -- Happy Easter to you too!

--Rik

gslaten

Post by gslaten »

Hi Rik,

Thanks for the advice. Why don't you go ahead and post your improvements. I am getting ready to head out on a trip and don't have time to fool with it at the moment.

I appreciate the comments.

Gary

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

gslaten wrote:Thanks for the advice. Why don't you go ahead and post your improvements.
Sure -- here it is. Enjoy your trip!

--Rik

gslaten

Post by gslaten »

Thanks Rik,

Sure brought out he lashes and whiskers. I like it.

Gary