Where have all the dragonflies gone??

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

Where have all the dragonflies gone??

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all, :D

It's 97°F to 105°F in Arizona and there is not a dragonfly to be seen :!: :shock: After a fruitless search for dragonflies a couple of weeks ago at the lower Salt River, I decided to try my luck on the Verde River near Camp Verde, Arizona, USA. No luck...again :!: All I saw was a couple of these damselflies... :D

When I was a young child I would see a half a dozen different species of dragonflies flying around our desert washes and rivers. This year...zip.

Enjoy, my friends :!: :D

Canon D30 with 90mm Tamron macro lens, 2x Kenko teleconverter, ISO 200, Canon 380ex flash, 1/200 sec @ f. 11, monopod.
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Tom wrote:
When I was a young child I would see a half a dozen different species of dragonflies flying around our desert washes and rivers. This year...zip.
Something changed in the environement of the area maybe, causing the dragonflies to leave? :-k A nice shot of the damsel Tom. I have yet to go in search of them or dragonflies. It always amazes me how their wings are attached. Again a nice image here Tom, though the eye does looks a little milky. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.