Coccinelidae larva...

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

Coccinelidae larva...

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all, :D

Coccinelidae is a family of coleoptera (beetles) that includes ladybugs or ladybird beetles. All of the coccinelids are round, dome-shaped beetles with various combinations of colors and spots. The larvae are very distinct from other beetle larvae in that there are two to three rows of tubercles arranged down the sides of the larvae...

All of the coccinelid beetle larvae are predatory feeding on primarily aphids and other small insect larvae. Good creatures to have in your garden :!: :D This one was photographed on a cottonwood tree leaf by the Verde River near Camp Verde, Arizona, USA.

Enjoy, my friends :!: :D

Canon D30 with 90mm Tamron macro lens, 2x Kenko teleconverter, Canon 380ex flash, ISO 200, 1/200 sec @ f. 11, monopod support.
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

They're much cuter with the dome. :lol: A very sharp and excellent image Tom. :D I recently got a TC for my 100mm. Need to give it a try this weekend. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.