News from Japan

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

wilash

News from Japan

Post by wilash »

I thought this was interesting. Especially the comment about flowers.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 601f1.html
Will

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

That is a pretty good article Wil. I imagine there are many out there who still prefer the film and the larger formats that it offers.
I don't expect anytime soon to see a digital TLR with a 2 1/4" sensor. I think back every so often of my Contax 35mm and its complete outfit of Carl Zeiss lenses that I so ignorantly sold many years back. :cry:

Thanks for the link Wil, it is refreshing to know there are still some die hards out there and I do agree with them about film being so much better. However I am now hooked on the instant gratification that I get from digital. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

wilash

Post by wilash »

Ah, Contax. One of the first victims to the digital revolution. Bronica, Konica Minolta, and Mamiya added theirs names to the list as well. Many of the other large names in the business are having to go through major changes - the Pentax 67 is a thing of the past. Still, Zeiss Ikon has returned and there has been an explosion of 6x17 medium-format cameras. We are leaving the golden age of film photography. It won't die, but it will just be a minor partner.

But digital is pretty amazing. Just look at some of the benefits it has brought to microphotography with stacking. And there is lots of room to grow as it is still a relatively immature technology.

- Will

A film user.
Will