testing...Damselfly...testing

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

testing...Damselfly...testing

Post by twebster »

Hi y'all, :D

I haven't posted for a while because: 1) I've been very busy settling my father's estate and 2) my computer died a couple of weeks ago :!: :evil: I have a new computer and monitor and wanted to get people's opinions on how my images look...

I'm using this damselfly as an example of a dark image. I profiled my monitor with a Colorvision Spyder, something I've never done before. How does this image look on the Internet :?:

Best regards to all as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Beetleman

Post by Beetleman »

Welcome back Tom. As for the image, you have a real nice full bodied shot of the Damselfly, the background is jet black on my monitor, the Damselfly & branch show up well against the black background. The wings are a little dark, cannot see the veins very well. This is what I see. (I hope this is what you are actually looking for). Hope things get back to normal for you soon.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda
Canon PowerShot S1 IS with Canon 250D closeup lens

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

yep, same thing here Tom and my monitor is calibrated with the Colorvision Spyder.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I don't know what mine is calibrated with but the image I see looks the same as what everyone else is describing so far. Looks pretty good to me Tom. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Thanks, everybody :D

It sounds like y'all are seeing what I see. That's good. :D Now I just have to calibrate my printer.

I've been having bad luck with computers lately. Just after I posted this image my other computer system, the one my wife and daughter use, threw a big, blue spark out the back of the power supply and killed evrything in the tower. :cry: I just got back from Best Buy with a new Gateway computer to set up for them Sheesh!

Thanks for your feedback :!: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

crocoite

Re: testing...Damselfly...testing

Post by crocoite »

twebster wrote:How does this image look on the Internet :?:
Hi Tom

I have my laptop set up with extended desktop using an LCD TV screen. Best way for me to make sure that my print colours are right (on the TV screen). The image background is black on the TV but on my laptop screen there is a slightly washed out area behind the head and thorax.

Cool picture though.
Regards
Steve

Look at everything everyday. No, really. Look at EVERYTHING EVERYDAY.
The Real Meaning of Life!