Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

knapperbill

Post by knapperbill »

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am very excited about it. I am an elementary school teacher with a passion for science, especially natural science. I am obsessive about photographing insects, identifying them, and cataloging. My other passion is kayaking and simply exploring whenever I can.
Recently, my Parent/Teacher Association granted me money for a couple of nice microscopes and a digital microscope camera. Therefore, I put together a two week summer enrichment program that is about pond water study. Myself and 51 students spent the past two weeks scrounging through pond water and have photographed many macro invertebrates and microorganisms. I have been researching some of my photos and came across this forum and joined immediately. I look forward to sharing and questioning about some of the things that we have found. We are going to do a slide show presentation to our local Izzak Walton League about the program and the things that we found in their waters. I am quite an amature in the microscopic world and look forward to learning as much as possible from you all. Please be patient with my skill, as I am still trying to fine-tune the equipment that I have received.

Bill
Bill

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

Welcome to the Forum Bill. You'll find lots of help, tips, and insect indentifiers here :-)
Carl B. Constantine
http://photo-op.ca/

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Welcome to the Forums :D . Glad to have you with us and look forward to viewing your images.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Ditto :!: Welcome aboard Bill, good to have you here. There are bug identifiers, snail chasers, snake enthusiasts, flower people (no not from the sixties Bill) and of course our micro gang and others. We look forward to your posts Bill and again welcome! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.