Mountain Lore

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Mountain Lore

Post by Ken Ramos »

These mountains are full of strange ledgends and folklore that are not for the faint of heart 8-[ . Stories of church bells which ring without someone to ring them, strange lights that move mysteriously among the misty damp hollows of the mountains in the dark of night and shadows that move past ones bedroom window in the pale cold light of the moon...could faries, elves and even goblins be waiting just behind the bedroom door tonight when you shut out the light? 8-[ Yes there are stories here not for the faint of heart and it could be that in places like this you might find little bits and pieces of your imagination hidding. 8-[
Last edited by Ken Ramos on Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

Wow! What a beautifully complex little chunk of ecosystem -- and I love the interpretation! :D

--Rik
Reworks and reposts of my images in this forum are always welcome, as are constructive critiques.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yes it is beautifully complex, the mosses, the myxomycetes, the little plant that is sprouting from the decaying wood and what would it all be without the two elves which are hiding in the mosses! Remember that I often comment on the biological diversity of this area. Thanks Rik :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Beetleman

Post by Beetleman »

I was just going to comment on the two faces I see in the picture. Wonderfull picture Ken. I have been thinking of getting a rail for my tripod so I can take shots like this at different focal points and stack them for depth. Something like this; http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... ype=search
Did you put those faces there :?:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda
Canon PowerShot S1 IS with Canon 250D closeup lens

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Looks to be a pretty niffty piece of equipment there Doug. I guess I will just be content to waller (wallow) around on the ground for my shots. Thanks Doug :D

OBTW, yeah I stuck those faces in there. :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Boy ken, what an imagination! Beautifully composed. I love it.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sue wrote:
Boy ken, what an imagination! Beautifully composed. I love it.
The photographs were taken to go with my research notes on plasmodial slime molds. The fruiting bodies reminded me of little dwarfs, elves, and such so I decided to find some to fill in the areas which had dark cave-like shadows :lol: . Thanks Sue. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Ha ha! Those are fun! Thanks.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

:lol: Thanks Mike, amazing what you can dream up when you've nothing else to do. :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Ken Ramos wrote::lol: Thanks Mike, amazing what you can dream up when you've nothing else to do. :lol:
Nothing to do! Nonsense, there are at least 3,000,000,000 North Carolina bugs out there that you don't have photographs of yet! Quit lazing around and get to it! :lol:
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Wow! Where is Snowwhite and the Seven Dwarfs? :D

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

MarcoLuv asked:
Wow! Where is Snowwhite and the Seven Dwarfs? :D
Let's see...Snow White won on "American Idol," so she's doing another gig now, Doc's now working at the "Mayo Clinic," Sneezy has allergies and can't get out much any more, Dopey..."doing time for possesion" :roll: , Happy doing the same as Dopey...he was buying from Dopey :( ](*,) , and the rest are corprate execs. now at Disney, I think. :-k

Thanks Nikola! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Kens Microscopy