Danny beat me to it...I'm Tom Webster

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

twebster
Site Admin

Danny beat me to it...I'm Tom Webster

Post by twebster »

Hello, my friends :D Image

Well folks, I'm a 50+ yrs (I'm not going to tell you how many pluses past 50! :D ) old customer service representative from Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Originally I had set out to be a painter but that gave way to a 23 year love affair with photography. I have worked both behind the camera and behind the scenes. My absolute joy was nature photography but, alas, a change in my health prevents me from going out like I used to do. That's OK. I've learned to bring nature indoors and have concentrated on photomicrography and videomicrography the last 2 years. If all goes well, I will make my first forays into digital photography next month! :D

I'm married to a wonderful partner, Marsha, and have 4 individualistic children (Jerod, Christopher, Melissa, and Jennifer) and 2 of the most incredibly cute grandchildren (Elyas and Ashley). Whew! What a family to raise! :D I have had no greater joy in my life than my family and my close friends.

(I guess I could have added my other interests when I wrote this autobio last night.) I get laughed at whenever I tell people my musical interests. Meatloaf rocks, man!! :lol: I'm pretty much a '60s and '70s rocker but, more often than not, you can catch me listening to folk music CDs and Luciano Pavarotti (never a more beautiful voice!). I am also attempting to resurrect my old art interests. I'm working on a series of paintings based on my crossed-polarized crystal photography and I'm also making paintings from my image files of some of the older ranches in Arizona that have been either burned or demolished and no longer exist.

I look forward to meeting all of you and hope that we, too, can become friends. Best regards to all, :D
Last edited by twebster on Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Sorry Tom, I don't think we have ever met :D 8)

Yes well a true friend is hard to find and I'm very lucky to have found one in you M8t. Thanks for just you being you Tom. :D

Danny.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Geezs Tom, we sure do have a lot in common. We must be related or something :lol: . In my cd player in my truck is Meatloaf and the second cd loaded is Luciano Pavarotti :D . Anyone riding in my truck comments on that combination, but many are not around long enough for the 3rd one - Native American Flute Music.

One thing for sure, it sure has been a pleasure knowing you, and Danny and Mike from NPN and now here. All of you have been very helpful to me and that I will always appreciate.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Tom, it was a great idea to open up this new part of the forum, and it's great to hear you in such good form after your recent absence.

Greetings from the other side of the pond!
Graham

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hey Sue :!:

Correct me if I am wrong but Luciano repairs the damage that "A Bat Out of Hell, 2" causes. Right? :D While on the mend these last couple of months my motto was "Life is a lemon and I want my money back!" :D

Hi ya' Graham :D

You're most welcome. We interact all the time and yet we only know us by our posts. It's great to see you, sue, Danny, and Ken. Now when I see a post I can relate more to the person behind the post. We're a good looking crew, wouldn't you say? :D

Best regards as always my friends,
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!