Me, by Graham...

Danny, Michael, and I (Tom) couldn't be happier and more impressed with our members and friends! It would be wonderful if we all got to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself. We are looking forward to meeting you all!

Moderators: nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

gpmatthews

Me, by Graham...

Post by gpmatthews »

Here I am pictured in my workshop with some of my microscopes. I started splashing around in ponds and streams as a small boy and have never really looked back. I thoroughly enjoy tinkering with microscopes and as a former development scientist am a firm believer in never using anything for what it was intended! - so I improvise a lot. I spent some 25 years in the pharmaceutical industry doing just that whilst developing new products and tweaking processes. I am a pharmacist by profession and now work for the UK Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in London dealing with reports of defective medicines.

I am also a licensed radio amateur (G4LLI) although not at present very active on the air. I am a keen builder of models of armoured fighting vehicles - the last model was entirely made from photo-etched brass using masks generated and printed by computer.

Music - an eclectic mix of jazz, baroque, classical, Indian, middle eastern and lots of other things - once again, almost anything improvised or interestingly unusual.

Family: My wife, Noi, is Thai and a great cook (eating is another passion of mine). I have a five and a half year old daughter, Janejira, who is bilingual (English/Thai) and loves learning about what Daddy is up to.

There isn't enough time in the day to do all the things I would like to... I really enjoy this forum and the friendly and helpful people on it. I am very impressed by the harmony here that is sometimes lacking on other forums The standard of the pictures is breathtaking and an inspiration.
Graham

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Graham :D

You know, you help keep the image standards pretty high around here yourself. It is so nice to see you. :D

Best regards as always,
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

nzmacro
Site Admin

Post by nzmacro »

Well howdy Graham, its a honor :D . Your work is excellent BTW. I got hooked at about 8, when my bother got a microscope that projected onto a screen. Thats was it, macro took over though. Its through the eyes and work in the micro areas that really opens up a new world for most of us, so a big thanks Graham. :D

Danny.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D It sure is nice to have a face with the names of all of you. I thought of that a few days ago and started to suggest it to Tom but he beat me to it. Good idea Tom. It sure is nice to see you all. I will be posting my mug shortly but I'll have to check for any outstanding "warrents" first. :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Hi Graham

It is always much better to have a face with a name as it seems to bring the image more in focus, if you know what I mean :? This is a great site and looking forward to viewing more of your images.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Holy cow, Ken :!: :!: I forgot about warrants :!: :shock: I don't think I'm a wanted man in Great Britain but there are a few southern states I need to stay away from :!: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!