Macro and MF

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

prashanteju

Macro and MF

Post by prashanteju »

Spring is around the corner and I plan to play a little bit with Macro stuff. Now I normally make landscape images and so use MF setup. I recently got a macro lense for my setup which is approx. 75mm in focal length(35mm film, 120 for 120film).
Now it isn't really that long but goes to 1:1. I also got a good flash(Metz Mz40 3i, though I don't know how good it is ). How should I approach towards my goal of making nice closeup/macro images. I have never used flash outdoor before except in the studio once (there it was main source of light). Any pointers, sources, help is WELCOME!

Thanks in advance,
PrashanTeju Khapane
Photography, Paintings & Travelogues
Visit our Homepage!

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/186108 ... e&n=283155

The above book is a pretty good one on insect photography in general, and the author especially recommends medium format, which he uses himself. It is probably a pretty good introduction to the subject. However, I don't remember much in the book that was specific to medium format after the brief "equipment" section in the front.
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)