Microphotography Doesn't Have to be Complicated

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Microphotography Doesn't Have to be Complicated

Post by Ken Ramos »

:D This is primarily for visitors to the site but may be of interest to our members as well. Two Fuji FinePix cameras are presented here. The FinePix 2650 and the A340 (forground). I use both of these cameras quite a bit, even though I have a Canon G5 mounted to my Axiostar. Both of these cameras take excellent photographs through the microscope eyepiece. I used them mainly with a Swift M3500D student microscope.

The FinePix A340 (forground) is shown with an adapter, which is handy in its original use and as a camera adapter. You see it is an empty spool from a small package of cellophane tape. It fits perfectly over the lens barrel of the A340 and should the A340 shut off automaticlly the adapter will slide off easily, not damaging the camera. It stays in place quite well while shooting photographs through the microscope eyepiece. The Fuji 2650 (background) needs no adapter at all and can be used held directly to the eyepiece.

So if you do not want to spend big bucks on a microscope head that will support a camera or big bucks on a microscope camera, both of these are good deals at under $200.00 US funds. They also make good back up cameras while the one you "smoked" is getting replaced or repaired. When I first joined the forums, many of my first photographs were done with the 2650. 8)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.