Arcella

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Arcella

Post by Ken Ramos »

Nothing new here but I thought it made a good shot. There are many pseudopodia visible here and the test in the center shows the amoeba at home. If you look closely at the clear test the epipodia which anchors the amoeba to the test can be clearly seen. The small oval and green organism at the 4 o'clock position in relation to the clear test, is Chilomonas paramecium, a flagellate. :D

Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Ken... You sure do come across a lot of these arcella... you are even photographing them three at a time now! I found a few interesting amoeba recently. I'l post them so you can tell me what they are. :wink:

I see you are still using the Fuji camera. The results are good, but I thought you had ordered an adapter to put your Canon on the microscope. Did you give up on that idea?

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hey Charlie :D No, I put the Canon G5 on the scope but the G5 lacks the resolution to record objects less than 40 microns with any good detail so, I took it off. I am awaiting an adaper for my Sony DSC-W1, w/Carl Zeiss lenses, to attach to the trinoucular head using a Zeiss eyepiece as a relay. The DSC-W1 has much better resolution for imaging and also has a seperate flash unit that is slaved to the cameras main flash by a remote sensor. Hopefully I will be doing flash photography in the near future. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.