Chiloschista lunifera

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Beetleman

Chiloschista lunifera

Post by Beetleman »

This is my first post. This is not my first visit. I feel like I know everyone already. I have looked at every post and picture in the forum over the past eight months and usually check for new pictures everyday. All I can say is "WOW" to all of them. I can only hope I can produce pictures half as good as all of you. I am going to represent the lower end of the equipment spectrum (a bi convex lens velcroed to my camera) and I will see what I can come up with.
I read about a lens that Canon has for the Power Shot S2 IS (a bi convex lens $85.00) I have the S1 so I thought I would give my homemade macro a try! My first post is an Orchid I have native to India. It is a semi leafless miniature orchid---mainly just roots. The main section of this plant is about 23mm in diameter and the flowers are around 8mm in diameter. Taken with Canon Powershot S1 IS set on auto, hand held, cropped and some contrast added in PSP. Thank you for all the wonderful pictures and I hope I followed all the forum rules with my first post.
Last edited by Beetleman on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda
Canon PowerShot S1 IS with Canon 250D closeup lens

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Very nice start, would like to see it a little larger on your next one, these old eyes cant squint so good. :D :wink: :D
Always look at Nature with wide eyes.
Rick Cowen
Canon 5D, Canon 70-300 IS USM.Sigma 150 2.8 Macro, Sigma 170-500. A set of Kenko tubes. Check out my Gallery here!

http://www.pbase.com/1bald_eagle/macro

Beetleman

Post by Beetleman »

Thank you BE, I am a great fan of your pics. I would love to move down to Florida and have all my Orchids outside with all those colorful insects you shoot. After reading the instructions on posting a picture ten times, I still did it wrong. :? Sometimes you just can`t see what is in front of your face.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hello Beetleman and welcome to the community! :D A very nice and interesting first post. As for doing it wrong you forgot your image tags. Just click on Edit in the upper right of your post and then highlight the url of your image. Then click on [Img] in the BBC codes above and then submit at the bottom of the page. :wink: Again welcome aboard. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Beetleman

Post by Beetleman »

Thank you for the warm welcome Ken....I also greatly admire your macro & micro photos. Thanks for the help on the picture...all set now. It is starting to warm up here in New Hampshire and I am looking forward to open season on shooting insects.
Doug Breda

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

Well now, I see a lovely 640x640 very crisp and well exposed picture of an orchid. If that's what it's supposed to be, then indeed all is fixed!

Beetleman, I will add my welcome. It looks to me like you're getting great mileage out of that homemade macro lens. I look forward to many more to follow!

--Rik

Beetleman

Post by Beetleman »

Thank you for your kind welcome RJ. I hope I can make a Contribution to this great forum
Doug Breda