Love Bug Acrobatics

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

gunn

Love Bug Acrobatics

Post by gunn »

I have been away far too long ...

both shot at 1/250 and f8. 20D + 100/f2.8
these two images have 800 pixels on the longest side. i do hope they are in line with the revised posting guidelines.

warmest regards to all
gunn

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yep, you're within the guidelines Gunns. :D That is probably the cleanest green background I have seen. Looks as though the little guy was shot on a billiards table. Nice shot there Gunn :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Beetleman

Post by Beetleman »

I love the orange color of the insect and how it looks very aerodynamic.....very cool shot Gunn. These are not like the black love bugs I know of in Florida. (the kind that paint the front of your car black and you have to get that stuff from the store to get them off :lol: )
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda
Canon PowerShot S1 IS with Canon 250D closeup lens

gunn

Post by gunn »

yeah beetleman, I've heard that you have a lot of em love bugs in florida. and yeah, the one here in these images looks 'aerodynamic' because of the shallow dof, its own position on the edge of the weed, and the angle at which it was shot.

thanks ken. yeah, the background is rather clean. in PS, I did noise reduction twice. i separated the bug from the green background and did the NR independently for each. 5 for the bug and 10 for the green.

regards
gunn

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Nice images Gunn. I was expecting those love bugs from Florida too. Have to stop every block and get your windshield cleaned off so you see. They are awful in Florida.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

WB, Gunn. This is a dramatic photo--Till someone else pointed it out, I had thought he was airborne! But after it's mentioned, I can see the blade he's sitting on. Very good background!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

MikeBinOKlahoma wrote:Till someone else pointed it out, I had thought he was airborne!
Hah! I do a lot of bench work. Two pictures, identical pose, slightly different focus & backgrounds -- I thought the bug was dead! :lol:

--Rik

"Context is everything."
Reworks and reposts of my images in this forum are always welcome, as are constructive critiques.