Yellow Fellow

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

MacroLuv

Yellow Fellow

Post by MacroLuv »

Hi to all!

This is my firs post here.
Comments are welcome.

Camera Olympus SP-320
Date/Time 24.6.2006/10:27:10
Exposure time 1/500
F-number f/5
ISO 64
Focal length 8mm
Last edited by MacroLuv on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

Welcome to the forums and a beautiful image to start out with. I like BF images as they are some of the most beautiful creatures in the world.

Note: I deleted your duplicate posts on this...
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Have to agree with Sue, a wonderful first post! :o Hope you enjoy it here. We'll be looking for more. :wink:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

Lovely! Great colors -- I especially like the blue sky behind the yellow butterfly. Technically excellent -- perfect exposure, good DOF & focus placement, and a surprisingly noise-free out-of-focus background.

I think this is the forum's first post with this type camera (Olympus SP-320). The picture is excellent, so I'm curious about some more technical details.

How much is this cropped from full frame?

Did you do any noise reduction, sharpening, or other post-processing, or is this straight as it came from the camera?

Thanks -- and welcome aboard! :D

--Rik
Reworks and reposts of my images in this forum are always welcome, as are constructive critiques.

MacroLuv

Yellow Fellow

Post by MacroLuv »

rjlittlefield wrote:Lovely! Great colors -- I especially like the blue sky behind the yellow butterfly. Technically excellent -- perfect exposure, good DOF & focus placement, and a surprisingly noise-free out-of-focus background.

I think this is the forum's first post with this type camera (Olympus SP-320). The picture is excellent, so I'm curious about some more technical details.

How much is this cropped from full frame?

Did you do any noise reduction, sharpening, or other post-processing, or is this straight as it came from the camera?

Thanks -- and welcome aboard! :D

--Rik

Thanks for comments!

Original image size 3072 x 2304 pixels
Cropped image size ~ 2210 x 2210 pixels
Resized to 640 x 640
Just a little levels adjustement and sharpening, day was excellent with lot of sunlight. :D

Sue, sorry for triple post. :?

S. Alden
Site Admin

Re: Yellow Fellow

Post by S. Alden »

[quote="MacroLuv]
Sue, sorry for triple post. :?[/quote]

No problem. You are allowed three posts per day per gallery, but I did not think you meant to post the same image three times :)
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome