Rare Flower

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

gunn

Rare Flower

Post by gunn »

both shot with the 20D/100f2.8 at f8. the flower seemed to have bloomed out of the plant's trunk. not sure if it was a palm or a ginger plant.

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Gunn, :D

Do you mean this species of flower is rare in Adelaide or it's rare to find flowers in Adelaide :?: :wink: The water drops give the flowers a nice, dewy look. :D

Best regards as always, my friend :!: :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

rjlittlefield

Post by rjlittlefield »

Nics pics! Maybe just a bit dark?

But what I'm curious about...

Near the bottom of the second flower, there is what looks like the world's teeniest little measuring worm.

Is it really that, or something else? Just how big is this flower?

--Rik
Reworks and reposts of my images in this forum are always welcome, as are constructive critiques.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

These are some nice photographs Gunn :D but I am with Rik, just how big are those flowers? Because if that is an inch worm in that last photo, he has to be the smallest little inch worm around, more like a mm worm. :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

gunn

Post by gunn »

hi there my most observant friends. indeed that was a very tiny worm; worming its way up the flower rather labouriously. it was probably two mm long and the flower was probably three inches long.

and yeah Tom, what i meant was that these flowers are rarely seen.

regards
gunn

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

gunn wrote:hi there my most observant friends. indeed that was a very tiny worm; worming its way up the flower rather labouriously. it was probably two mm long and the flower was probably three inches long.

and yeah Tom, what i meant was that these flowers are rarely seen.

regards
gunn
Excellent! I like those water drops. And there is a little ant on the first photograph. :D

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

MacroLuv said:
And there is a little ant on the first photograph.
Gunn you sure have a lot of extra subjects in these flower shots. Maybe if one looks hard enough we may find Elvis! :lol:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.