Copper Bottom?

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

MikeBinOKlahoma

Copper Bottom?

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Something I'd never seen before. The belly of a copperhead snake! This is a rather un-natural pose, he is testing the glass limits of his enclosure, but it still was so interesting I wanted to post it!

Copperhead
180mm macro
1/200th second @ f/22
ISO 160
flash as main light
About an 85% crop by area of the original photo
man-made object edited out of background
controlled situation
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know back when I was logging out in Arkansas, I used to see copperheads quite a bit. Most of them before they got hit with a powersaw or ran over by a skidder, had almost white or cream colored bellys. One of the guys I worked with was walking a tract of timber one day and I was up on the truck rigging the loading boom, when he stepped on one. Funniest thing you ever seen, I almost fell off the truck I was laughing so hard. Not many folks die from them but they say the bite from a copperhead is about a hundred times worse than a bee sting!

Interesting photograph there Mike. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

hehe, a snake - what else! :wink: :lol: Never seen an snake in a position like this and I think I don't want to see a snake in a position like this :lol: Well done Mike (as usual). Was the flash gun hot-shoe mounted? It looks like the light comes off the RHS. But I might be wrong on this.

Best,
Sven
If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel