Leitz Ergolux Instruction Manual

A forum for those starting out in microscopy. Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderator: Ken Ramos

gadgets2me

Post by gadgets2me »

I am anxious to get started and looking for an instruction manual for the Leitz Ergolux, or even a manual for the vertical illuminator on this scope. Anyone know where I can obtain one of the manuals? Thanks.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hey Welcome aboard! :D I did a bit of looking around but could not find a reference to a manual for your scope. :( But, take heart. There are some pretty knowledgable individuals here on these forums who may just be able to help. A photo of the scope posted in the Technical Discussions Forum or General would be nice if you could. It might just give someone something to go on, to help you out. Again welcome to the group! :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Did some more looking around for your manual. You might want to contact these people. :D

http://www.optotek.net/Microscope_Inven ... copes.html
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

It's a long shot, but worth a try.
Go to this page:

http://www.microscopy.com/cgi-bin/ReadP ... e=0411.txt

There's a fellow here with an Ergolux and he is looking for a parts manual. It appears he has been in touch with Leica and is getting one. If the address is still valid, an email to him might yield some useful information.

gadgets2me

Post by gadgets2me »

Thank you Ken for the welcome and help. I contacted Optotek on Friday and spoke to Klaus who was very informative but did not have a manual. He worked for leika a while back and still sells the used Ergolux as well as services them. Per your recommendaton I will post a photo of the scope.
Luiz DoAmaral
Los Gatos, CA

gadgets2me

Post by gadgets2me »

Great lead Charles, thank you. I will attempt to contact that fellow and also Leica Germany. That was also a very interesting forum.
Luiz DoAmaral
Los Gatos, CA