Butterfly Wing scales

Post your images made through a compound microscope or made with a stereo/dissecting microscope in this gallery. Images may be of any subject natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Charles Krebs

Butterfly Wing scales

Post by Charles Krebs »

This is a re-post of a couple pictures that "disappeared" during the server change-over.

I was trying out a new 10X objective that provided a little more working distance (~10mm) than I had with my older 10X.

The first image is from a 6 image "stack" combined with Helicon Focus. The second is a 9 image stack.

rjlittlefield

Thanks for reposting!

Post by rjlittlefield »

Charlie, I can't thank you enough for reposting these images. These are simply lovely!
--Rik

S. Alden
Site Admin

Post by S. Alden »

They look like shingles on a gingerbread house, or what you would see in the Wizard of Oz or something :D. I love those colors and the whole composition is beautiful.
Sue Alden
Administrator
Repost of my images are welcome

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

I had commented earlier, that there was a differentiation in the scale structures and was wondering if both these images came from the same specimen. Beautiful shot, once again, there Charlie. Butterflies and moth wings make great subjects. :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.