The itsy bitsy spider(S)

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Charles Krebs

The itsy bitsy spider(S)

Post by Charles Krebs »

Took a brief walk out back before tonights episode of "24", and found these recently hatched spiders. Tiny little critters and lots of them.

crocoite

Re: The itsy bitsy spider(S)

Post by crocoite »

Too cute!

twebster
Site Admin

Post by twebster »

Hi ya' Charlie, :D

It is so hard to photograph a group of organisms like this within the confines of a narrow DOF. Was this a stack? I would guess not as much as these spiderlings would be moving around. You photographed these quite well. What'd you use to make this image, my friend :?:

Best regards as always, :D
Tom Webster
Administrator

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

Think about this...maybe Murphy is an optimist!!!

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Tom... it is kind of tough when you have a 3 dimensional mass made up of tiny individuals. I looked for a "plane" that gave me a decent number in focus... no possibility to "stack" as they were in constant motion. Two flashes were used. One was mounted on the lens and came in at about "10:30" relative to the subject. I held the other (by hand) at "3:00" and very slightly behind the subject. It was a Nikon D200 with Nikon 105mm macro. The flashes were the small wireless Nikon SB-R200.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Wow, I wish I'd seen that! Good job using your DOF, however you did it!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

My yard is full of these little buggers or some similar! :? Good thing they are small, thank goodness, it makes it easier to deal with them crawling on me when I am down on the grass trying to shoot a bug or bee of somekind. :lol: I like the colors and the markings on these little crawlers though. Beautiful shots Charlie :D
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.