Reversing Ring

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

Kenv

Reversing Ring

Post by Kenv »

I was thinking that this might be something I would look at in the future but looking around the internet I could not find any mention of a reversing ring for a Canon EF lens. Any comments
Ken
Ken

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Outside of the expensive Novoflex solution, I don't think you will find one. You can always get a EOS-Pentax screw thread adapter. then add Pentax screw thread reversing ring... they are very common.

But the problem is that unless you come up with a wired solution (Novoflex or homebrewed) you cannot change the aperture on a reversed EF lens. You would always be at maximum aperture.

Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Thanks once again Charles - looks like I will just have to think up some other way of doing it.
Ken
Ken

Charles Chien

Post by Charles Chien »

I agree with Charles Krebs' comments. But, if you are looking for a reverse ring without any conection, here is one that you can use a manual focus/aperture (non-EF) lens on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

I just bought one from him intended to use it for a homebrewed Novoflex-reverse-ring type project that I had been looking forward to do...

Hope this helps.
Charles Chien

Reyes-Cen

Post by Reyes-Cen »

I've yet to try it but when I get my new canon i'm aiming to try a simple reverse ring solution and that's to just glue two adapters together, it sounds really simple but apparently it works well, I imagine male-to-male rings would be easier to create than female-to-female, but then again who knows, the male-to-male is a great replacement for the expensive reverse/macro rings and I have no doubt it will work as i've seen some examples where people live by it, of course a non-EF lens will be required, but i've also yet to try a technique to set the aperture on EF lenses, i'll get back to you on that one though as I don't have an EF lens at the moment.