Hydra

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

gslaten

Hydra

Post by gslaten »

I'm not sure which forum to post this photo of a hydra, so please move it if I have it wrong.

There are several of these "hanging around" one of my cultures. This culture is from a small tributary of the Santa Ana River in Irvine, Calif.

The hydra is a bit difficult to see, but I just thought the colors were kind of pretty.

Coolpix 950, 6X30 binocular objective auxilliary lens, tripod mounted. Illuminated from left side.[/img]

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

A beautiful shot there Gary :D I have never seen a Hydra quite so large before. You did a great job on this. :o It should be in the Macrophotography Forum I think. I will move it for you. :wink:
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Interesting, and it is (from what little I know about them) a remkarably big hydra. I hope you don't go swimming in this container! :lol:
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)