Hairy beetle from "The Big Sur".

Post your macro and close-up images in this gallery. You may post all subject types whether natural or unnatural, living or non-living.

Moderators: MacroMike, nzmacro, Ken Ramos, twebster, S. Alden

mistermacro

Hairy beetle from "The Big Sur".

Post by mistermacro »

I grabbed a picture of this little guy at a pitstop, during a spectacular drive down the Pacific Coast Highway in California.

Ken Ramos
Site Admin

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yep he sure is a hairy beetle alright. Nice shot :D I haven't been down the PCH in years. I used to drive up and down it all the time when I lived in Calif. :)
Site Admin.
Kenneth Ramos
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Kens Microscopy
Reposts of my images within the galleries are welcome, as are constructive critical critiques.

Roy Patience

Post by Roy Patience »

That certainly is a great picture of a hairy beast! Big Sur is a really beautiful area. The last time we were there at didn't see any bugs because I was too busy looking at the giant redwoods.

Did you visit the Julia Pfeiffer Burn State Park?

I too, drove the Pacific Coast Highway for thirty years on my commute into and out of Los Angeles. Of course that part of the highway is hundreds of miles away from Bib Sur.

Roy

MikeBinOKlahoma

Post by MikeBinOKlahoma »

Fascinating beetle, I love the antennae!
Mike Broderick

(reposts on this site of my images for critique or instruction are welcome)

mistermacro

Post by mistermacro »

what a cool commute you guys must have had!
I lived in L.A. myself for a couple of years, but this was the first time I actually made the whole trip from S.F. to L.A. by car.
When I lived there I ususally never got further up the coast than Zuma beach to do some boogie boarding.
I must admit I drove past the state park without stopping, I was high on the drive and the rented Dodge Charger.
Here is another shot, this time with the very photogenic Pacific visible in the background.